Oh Dear! I just realized that it has been over a month since I last published a post. So apologies, if you were expecting in the last 3 weeks. I was away on holiday in London, catching up with some family and old friends and now that I am back here I really do miss them a lot! If you have reading my blog for a while, you know that one of my most favourite things to eat is shrimps or prawns, call them as you please, they are the same thing. Here in North America I have noticed that people stick to calling them shrimps while in the UK, its mostly referred to as prawns. Today’s recipe which I made before I left for my holiday but did not have the chance to blog about it, features big juicy tiger prawns! First they are marinated in a yoghurt based marinade and then grilled on the stove top. Shrimps don’t take long to cook, you know they are done when the outside is pink and the inside has turned white, then you get to eat the nice firm juicy prawns! Hope you enjoy it! 🙂
6 Tiger Prawns
½ Cup Buttermilk
1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
1 Sweet Orange/Yellow Pepper
5-6 Curry leaves
4-5 Garlic Cloves
1 Tsp Curry Powder
½ Tsp Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
De-shell the prawns and remove veins from the back. But keep the tails intact.
Discard the shell and set aside.
In a small food processor add the onion, sweet pepper, cilantro, curry leaves, garlic and lemon juice. Pulse to a thick paste and then add in the buttermilk.
Put the mixture in a glass dish. Then add in the curry powder and combine well.
Take the de-shelled shrimps and marinate with the mixture.
Let the shrimp marinate for at least a couple of hours.
Heat up a grill pan.
Add the shrimps and season with salt & black pepper.
Cook till they turn pink outside, about 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on the side of the shrimps.
Put the shrimps on a serving plate and Serve with some steamed rice.
- Jamie’s Crispy Shrimp (cansuskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Shrimp Curry (heatherpoast.wordpress.com)
- Cooking Kentucky Proud with LRGoesLocal (lrgoeslocal.wordpress.com)
- Marinated Grilled Flank Steak & Chimichurri (lowcarbandlovingitinthesouth.com)
- Prawn and Black Pepper Curry (foxtrotandfennel.wordpress.com)
- The poetry of prawns… (kjbrad57.com)
- Spicy Lime Grilled Prawns (kindlecookbookrecipes.com)
- Stuffed Tiger Prawns Recipe (eightymphmom.com)
- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp and Rice (headovermealsblog.wordpress.com)
- King Prawn Fritters with Sweet Chilli Jam (homedelirecipes.wordpress.com)