Hi everyone, I am sorry that you have to wait so long between my posts, I am working on something new at the moment plus I have not really been staying at home that much, so it has been difficult to find the time to post. So I am going to keep this bit short and get on with the bit that you have been waiting for! Hope you enjoy my version of this recipe!
4 Chicken Breasts
2 Potatoes (optional)
½ Cup Tomato paste
1 Inch Fresh Ginger
½ Bulb Garlic
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tsp Red Chili Flakes
½ Cup Fresh Cilantro
Salt to taste
In a small grinder, add 1 onion, garlic and ginger and make a coarse paste.
In a bowl add the tomato paste with the above mixture plus the powdered spices & salt.
Chop up the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces. Marinate the chicken pieces in the mixture. Set aside.
In the mean time chop up the potatoes into bite sized pieces (if using).
Chop up the other onion into small thin slices. Heat up oil in a wok or karahi.
Add the onions and sauté for a few minutes. Then add in the chili flakes and sauté for a few minutes further.
Now add in the marinated chicken and potatoes.
Coat the chicken well with the onions and chili flakes by stirring the chicken pieces well in the wok.
When it starts to stick add half a cup of water and the vinegar. Stir intermittently and cook the chicken and potatoes.
Then add another half cup of water and mix well. Then add the cover and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Add the cilantro before turning the heat down.
Serve with some naan bread.
- Empire Roast Chicken (justaroastchicken.wordpress.com)
- Cilantro Lime Chicken with Black Beans, Yellow Rice and Tomato Avocado Salsa (aleefrappier.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Caserole (questadj.wordpress.com)
- Indian Cooking Lessons in Vidhya & Jayant’s Kitchen Part 1 (mrandmrsvegan.wordpress.com)
- Boneless Chicken Handi (Chicken Casserole) (bfoodworld.wordpress.com)
- Day 5 of 7 Running + a delicious chili recipe! (lowsugarlowcarbslongruns.wordpress.com)
- Butter Chicken Yummylicious (truepulse.wordpress.com)
- Chicken Tikka Masala at Home (thebittenword.com)